Question 1-What is the experience one would get while studying at IIHMR – Delhi?
Answer - Our students get the basic grinding of health sector including public health management, hospital management and health IT management and related areas during their first year of training. This is followed by summer internship of three months in different health institutions and hospitals. Before commencement of studies of second year, they are required to make a poster presentation on their respective summer assignment, by this time the students have already opted the any of the following three specializations-
- Health Management
- Hospital Management
- Health IT Management
It is in the second year that they get a comprehensive exposure in their respective specialized field. Their teaching and training of the prescribed syllabus/courses is supplemented by field visits, case studies and group exercises. IIHMR Delhi also invites the guest faculty and expert from and outside Delhi to teach a part or full course wherever needed. Our students develop high skills in presentation, speaking, soft skills and team work while pursuing their two year studies in IIHMR at New Delhi.
Question 2 – What differentiates IIHMR from other institutes?
Answer – We maintain the national and global standards and encourage our students to organize seminars, conferences, health mela’s and social activities. Further our students are different in their level of commitment, dedication to their work and their writing and oratory skills.
Question 3 – Please elaborate on the infrastructure at IIHMR.
Answer – THE CAMPUS -The aesthetically designed and elegantly built campus of IIHMR is located at Dwarka, New Delhi. The state-of-the-art infrastructure facilities are designed to meet all academic and administrative requirements and are at par with the international standards. The classrooms create an atmosphere conducive to learning and are fully equipped with modern audio-visual facilities for conducting webinars, online lectures etc. The conferencing needs are taken care of by centrally air-conditioned conference halls fitted with the latest technology to facilitate quality industry-academia interface. A well-equipped cafeteria, gym and well furnished guest house are part of the modern campus. The library has a rich collection of national and international journals and books related to Health Management, Management of Healthcare - Information Technology, Hospital Management, Education, Women Empowerment, Leadership, Management Information Systems, Quality Assurance, Health Economics and Finance, Public Health Management, Population Sciences, Research Methodology, Biostatistics, Sociology, Economics, Computer Science & Information Technology, Pharmacovigilance and Clinical Research, Health Insurance, Project Management etc.
Question 4 – Elaborate on the placement offered to students?
Answer – The students belonging to the above three streams are always selected by the Leading employer, the best corporate hospitals and reputed organizations like PHFI, MOHF&W, NRHM, Deloitte, Accenture, Thumbay Group (Dubai), Dell, CDAC, AIIMS, Fortis Hospital, Jaypee Healthcare, IIT Chennai, NACO, Sterling Hospital, Rockland Hospital, New Delhi, Moolchand, Pushpanjali Hospital, New Delhi, SAF Afghanistan, Fresco Informatics Private Limited, National Heart Institute and many more.
Question 5 – Some recent award/ recognition?
Answer – We are proud to have students who have achieved distinctions in varied fields, both curricular and extra-curricular. The Institute strives to create a culture of excellence and achievement for our students. Some of the praiseworthy accolades in the recent past.
- Bagged Runner-up position on “Western Management Thought - Indian Workplace: Confused Results New Potpourri” 2nd Inter-campus Presentation Competition organised by JIMS and IMCI in September 2011.
- An NGO “The Dove Foundation” (www.thedoveindia.com) was setup by a group of students and their “Project Aarambh” was supported by MTV’s “Staying Alive Foundation”. Their case story was selected as one of the best in Knowledge Management Impact Challenge by USAID Award. In addition, they were the only Indians to win the MTV presentation “Staying Alive Foundation Award 2011”.
- Awarded scholarship of USD 20,000 for competing the Global Tobacco Control Certificate Program at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, USA.
- Featured in the “Limca Book of Records 2010” and was given the Citizen Journalist Award by Network 18, for her activism in implementing the PNDT Act-1994 (Pre-conception and Prenatal Diagnostic Techniques).
- National Level Award in NIT Kurukshetra Photography contest on “Social Awakening Theme related to Child Health”.
- Prize in Health Quiz competition in Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai, organized by Johnson & Johnson Pvt. Ltd.